You can have more than you have now. Yes, you read that correctly. Your life can be substantially better than it is right now. Beginning today you can:
- enjoy a greater level of financial security than you have ever known,
- experience more satisfaction in your family, your marriage and relationships than you ever hoped for,
- achieve a greater level of success in your work than you ever thought possible, and
- realize more of your dreams than you have ever imagined!
I know what you’re thinking — sounds too good to be true. I’ve uncovered 10 secrets for “living well” — these secrets aren’t based on my observations, on the advice of human experts or on the accumulated wisdom of the ages …
Instead, these secrets for successful living — along with the GUARANTEE that they really work — come from the Word of God. Now that’s a promise you can stake your claim to! I believe that the bottom-line reason most people are perishing in unfulfilling relationships, unnecessary financial pressure, and unrealized dreams is because they haven’t acquired the necessary skills for living well. The Bible calls those skills “WISDOM.”
In fact, the Bible is clear: God wants you to prosper in every area of your life. He wants you to experience the joy of living well.
Jesus said, “I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly” (John 10:10 NASB 1977). Jesus is describing a quality of living that is not just reserved for the “other side” of the grave but can begin right now.
What about you, personally? As you think about your spiritual life, your marriage, your family, your career, or your financial resources, can you honestly say, “This is everything God wants for my life. It just can’t get any better than this!”
I think I know the answer. Unfortunately, few Christians have mastered the art of living well … especially in today’s difficult economy and pressure-filled society.
- Unprecedented numbers of believers have filed for bankruptcy.
- Bitterness is as prevalent in the Christian community as it is among those who profess no faith in Christ.
- Church members are just as likely to commit adultery as non-members.
- And the latest statistics indicate that Christians are not only as likely to divorce as non-Christians … but even more likely.
So what do you think? What is the reason for this serious disconnect between our beliefs (God wants good things for me!) and our behavior (status-quo)? Why is it that those who claim to be prepared for the next life have so much difficulty in this one? God’s Word has a simple yet profound answer:
“Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained” (Proverbs 29:18, NASB 1977).
Contrary to popular interpretations, this verse has nothing to do with goal-setting or church-building programs. Instead, the word vision means “revelation from God.” In other words, without instruction from God, people are doomed to a miserable life. Thousands of years ago, the wisest, wealthiest and most powerful man of his day compiled a book of pithy and practical insights for living well.
Solomon’s timeless book of Proverbs provides nuggets of wisdom that are guaranteed to bring success in every area of your life: I call them “Solomon’s Secrets” because this wisdom is not available to the casual observer. “And search for her as for hidden treasures …” (Proverbs 2:4 NASB 1977).
The fact is, God has a wonderful life in store for you. Live it well!